Online marketing trends and rules by the gatekeepers change with every new delivery tool, method, and channel – blah blah blah!
Every year there’s new technology, some tangible or intangible opportunities with more social channels to catch you. The big winner gets the buyer’s attention and adopts resources to put into promising new technology that is Successful OVERTIME! Businesses who create an audience, develop a platform or are on one, and stick (with a particular channel) build a huge following.
So turn that into money/sales – video marketing is not new and things (people/market place/technology) constantly change, and video is a clear winner. Don’t need stats for that truth!
Visual Content Marketing (what we do, not what they do)
- YouTube reaches 18-49 year-old viewers than cable networks. Their traffic expanded more than 40% since last year, video viewing options also opened up.
- Facebook as you’ve seen offers embedded videos and in-line live-streaming, and services like Periscope & Facebook are starting to attract the enthusiast by marketing real time.
- But where’s the quality, value, trust, and strategy – eventually without a professional they fall off.
Video Ads in Search Results
Another clear indicator of just how popular video marketing has become is the inevitable launch of in-SERP video ads. Google and Bing are both testing video incorporation into rich search results. The new True View for Shopping, a product that allows users to order products from inside a demo video, has already yielded impressive results. Sephora and Wayfair test cases report increased viewing time, revenue and ad recall. With big retailers and eager viewers already on board and social media and SERPs ramping up viewer opportunities, video marketing is set to explode like never before.
Why Video Marketing is Effective
The marketing game has changed in a major way. Brand storytelling is front and center! It has sky rocketed by humanizing services and products allowing businesses to connect in a more meaningful way – with their customer base.
At least with us anyway, video for small businesses is an inexpensive way to level the playing field. Slick expensive advertising spots don’t always have the advantage. Smaller companies can stand out in several ways:
- Talk To Your Audience Videos – What We’re About, Answering FAQs, providing Tips and more.
- How To Videos: Introducing or Demonstrating products/services in action
- Testimonials featuring real-life customers
- Intimate look around your operations
Thousands of small YouTube businesses have built audience with simple, straightforward advertising, and case studies show that video has a big impact on sales, especially for small business.
New Technologies in Your Future
Every aspect of marketing in the last few years has moved to personalization, targeting and interactive content. Video takes the concept to a new level, with engaging videos that move from viewing into response. Data collection will become more common.
Is This You?
Approximately 96 percent of B2B advertisers are already using videos, but smaller B2C businesses have been slower to adopt due to production costs or simple reluctance to waste marketing dollars on a technology they wasn’t effective.